Talbott Elementary will use the following means to provide timely and effective communication with parents and families:
- Our “One Call” phone system which is utilized to leave a 60 second message on one parent or guardian phone per student.
- We utilize our updated website found at https://tes.jc-tn.net/. This site contains all faculty email addresses for easy access. It also contains articles highlighting school activities and student work.
- Administration sends home a monthly school calendar and informative flyer.
- Teachers send home classroom newsletters.
- Teachers will utilize apps to generate group texts.
- Parent/School/Student Compacts are utilized at Talbott Elementary to outline responsibilities for each party in the process of achieving student success.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are held in the fall and spring semesters.
- Parents are encouraged to send a note, email, call, or drop by the school when a concern arises.
- A marquee in the front of the school is used to remind families of important upcoming events.
- Home visits are conducted through collaboration with our Family Resource Center. Our pre-k teachers conduct two home visits a year per student as a pre-k initiative.
- The Talbott PTO maintains a Facebook page as another outlet for information.
- School counselor provides a referral form for parents to refer their children when needs arise.
- School counselor provides a list of community resources to families.
- Families are given timely reports on progress with report cards every 9 weeks and mid-terms between each 9 week reporting period.
Talbott Elementary will use the following means as way to involve parents and families in the activities of the school as well as in the learning process of their child:
- Parent Workshops will be offered throughout the year with the intent to teach academic interventions to parents.
- Talbott Elementary will train volunteers on appropriate discipline and FERPA along with health and safety measures.
- Volunteers are used in a variety of ways such as, but not limited to: preparation and planning for instruction
- Talbott Elementary hosts family literacy events in the fall and spring to encourage students and families to embrace reading and learning outside the classroom. Dinner will be provided at these events.
- PTO sponsors and runs a fall festival during which time students and families have refreshments, play games, and win prizes.
- Talbott Elementary will establish a parent as a member of the school leadership team.